Monday, March 20, 2017

Reporting News via Twitter

Twitter is the social media outlet used by many to keep informed of the news. While the masses are hooked on the tweets of current President Donald Trump, I keep my focus generally on the never-resting world of sports. This past week marked the beginning of the NFL's Free Agency period.

Free agency in the NFL is the period where players that are no longer under contract can be contacted by other NFL teams. This period is one of the most anticipated parts of free agency, and is closely payed attention to by the experts and analysts across the major sports networks and websites.

As I covered the NFL free agency period via my twitter page @QuarterbackDiaz, i found that the people most important to follow were ESPN's @AdamSchefter, NFL Network's Ian Rapoport (@rapsheet), and FOX Sports' @JayGlazer.

Free Agency started officially on the Friday before spring break, and is currently still ongoing (as of writing this).

From following this, I learned that it is quite difficult to follow a news story without any actual leads or NFL-qualified contacts.

Despite that, it was definitely interesting and fun for me to follow the ongoing free agency moves and give my opinions on them as I reported.

No comments:

Post a Comment