Monday, March 20, 2017

Storytelling via Snapchat

Snapchat is one of the most popular social media outlets in todays current internet-obsessed culture. While some users indulge in self-obsession or mind-numbing entertainment, other users are required to use the media for information and news sharing. I was required to do something a bit different with my use of social media.

STORYTELLING

I had the luxury of traveling to Los Angeles, California over spring break. I recorded some of the key moments from the morning of my departure to California, to my return back into Newark, New Jersey. 

Day One: The Journey

It started with my digging out snow in order to get to the car, just to get me to the airport. In Poughkeepsie, my family and I got 26 inches of snow, so it took some work to make that happen. Then I had to find a way to make it to Los Angeles. Once I arrived, I made my way to STAPLES Center to watch the Los Angeles Clippers game.


Day Two: Getting Acquainted 

My first official day in Los Angeles was met with awe. I took a walk around the neighborhood, met up with my cousin Louie, toured my dream school, the University of Southern California, and hung out at a few bars in Downtown Los Angeles.


Day Three: The Hike, and Quality Time

My second, and unfortunately, my last day in Los Angeles was spent hiking (halfway) up the famous Griffith Park to the Griffith Observatory. After this, I came back to my cousins house to hang out with her kids, my little cousins.


Day Four: The Return

It started a bit after 4am, after staying up all night I made my way to the airport. I walked from gate to gate in the overcrowded LAX, found myself eating multiple plates of pancakes and watching old wrestling videos, and miraculously getting on a direct flight from LA to New Jersey. After an entire morning of trying to travel, and an entire afternoon of flying cross-country, I finally made my way back to the Bronx.

No comments:

Post a Comment